Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's raining shoes!

To my dismay, many Free Women have been seen walking around in shoes similar to the one shown above. Ladies!! If I see another FW in peep toe stillettoes I shall report you to the magistrate. I understand that FW in the books had a type of high heel, but they were so tall that they were mainly worn at home and no designer in sl has attempted to make them *coughs*. I understand that sl gives us room for artistic interpretation, but not that much. My rule for buying shoes for my Gorean closet is if you couldn't walk down the street in 1800s England and before in it, don't buy it. Some boots you can get away with, but some things people try to get away with are ridiculous!!! Remember when shoe buying, get one in black and/or white and another in your caste color.


The first three pairs of shoes I consider the basis for your boot closet. The first is a Victorian type ankle boot by Lassitude & Ennui, these were my very first pair of boots that I bought to go along with my FW dresses. They aren't the sculptie versions because I bought them in early 2007. The second boot it called the Bloom Boot from Maitreya, it came out to rave reviews about a year ago, and I absolutely love them! The next item is the hot item for this fall and winter, Long black boots by J's. I believe every FW should have at least one pair of these boots, because can go with almost all everyday FW dresses. They also can be converted to ankle boots which are definately in this year.
Boot buying depends on the FW, because some FW are very strict and will only stick to flats, and others wear what they like. Because I am a lifestyler, I am a bit liberal on the boots.

"L&E" Elizabeth lace-up ankle boots in coal by Lassitude & Ennui

Bloom boots in black by Maitreya


Long Boots Round in black by J's
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The next three pairs of boots I like to call fun boots. They are boots that aren't neccessary, but they add a bit of something extra to your wardrobe. The first one is the Rose bootie by G-field, I absolutely love this designer. These boots can be worn with the fur or without. It is absolutely lovely and eye catching. Third we have the Voyager boots bt Arwen's Creations. I knew that Lady Arwen was talented but it seems she can also make lovely boots as well. There are no limits to this Ladies talents.

Rose Bootie by G Field

Anna Ribbon boots by G Field

Voyager Boots by Arwen's Creations
---------------------------------------------------
Now here is the real basis of a FW's shoe closet, her slippers. This is the type of shoe that was most mentioned in the books. The first shoe is the basic flat by Fri.day. I searched sl far and wide, and these are the absolute best simple flats. They are must have for for every FW. I have one in almost all the colors.
The next two flats are from a really cool store called 50 flats that have a wide selection of flats. They have the traditional displays of shoes as well as gumball shoe dispensers. You pay the gumball machine and it will give you a random pair of flats. The imagination of this designer is amazing, I would definately recommend this store to you.
The next pair of flats are from a store called Emjay. I think these are the perfect flats for lower caste women. Simple yet good quality.

Basic Black Flats by Fri.day

50 flats

50 Flats


Brown ballet flats by Emjay
-----------------------------------------------------
Next we have shoes that I got from outfit or sets. You should always find ways to reuse parts of outfits or sets, so that you get your money's worth. After looking through my wardrobe, I found that I had many shoes that I had only worn once, because they were parts of sets. Many of these shoes were very detailed, because many designers like to carry the theme from the dress into the shoes.

Aelgifu boots from "Aelgifu" FW Gown by BINA


LadyMagic slippers from Lady Magic dress by Arwen's Creations

I hope that I have helped cure some of you 'Stiletto' Goreans out there. Remember this is my twist on Gorean FW footwear, and I hope that I haven't offended any "Strict by the Books" Goreans. I enjoyed doing this post and I hope you Ladies have fun shoe hunting. Happy Veterans day!!!

Margie Meng

No comments: