Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gypsy Inspired


I put together this outfit by mistake one day while I was searching for a scarf that would go well with the dress. Instead I accidentally put on this lovely coat by crazy. I had never worn the coat before, and I was searching for something that would add a splash of red at the neck to bring the outfit together. The scarf by Leezu was the perfect touch to the outfit, by adding a layering and draping effect to the top of the dress.

I really do think this dress would do well for a woman of the wagon people. Though it may not be an authentic wagon dress, I believe in the right colors (maybe more earth tones, tans and browns) it can be pulled off. This dress evokes images of European Gypsy women and Gypsies have always reminded me of the wagon people. This style is in no way meant to offend any cultures, it is only meant as artistic interpretation.


Dress- Gypsy Chemise and overdress in red by Wishbox
Coat- Gaibiel Jackey by Crazy
Scarf- Miss Mara Scarf in ethno fire by Leezu
Modesty top- Husky

No comments: