Saturday, November 7, 2009

Below the Poverty Line pt. 1

I decided that today I would post a blog about FW peasants and she-urts. Though she-urts are at the bottom of Gorean society, only above slaves, they are Free women non-the-less. I have made a promise to all free women on SL Gor, that I would help them to make their closets the best for their role on Gor. That means all FW from the highest caste all the way down to the poorest she-urt, and every culture from every corner of Gor, I shall seek the perfect fashionable outfit for each role. I found this to be the hardest post I have ever done, because of the simple fact that I am of a high caste, and have never felt the need to look at peasant garments. So I have done some looking and I found a few dresses to start off this 2 part post.

First I will be talking about she-urts. I have traveled to a few cities and it seems that many she-urts are mistaking peasant women dresses for she-urt dresses. It is confusing when I see what looks to be a Sa-Tarna farmer's daughter picking through the trash and eating spoiled bosk meat. She-urts were dirty, hungry and at times desparte, but we can never forget that they are Free women. I have even seen some she-urts in slave camisk. Think for a moment on how a she-urt's dress became so dirty and ripped. At one point the dress was probably a proper peasant FW dress that covered her fairly well, when she found herself on the streets, she had to live in the dress 24/7. She may had to rip off a strip for a bandage or for some other use. Rips probably happen often because she may squeeze through tight places to get food and find shelter. She may only be able to wash it once a month, so it is probably very stained and dirty. When shopping for a she-urt dress, ask yourself "Was this once a proper FW dress?" If it's just a slave's rags then don't even try it!!
Next we have peasant FW. The thing to remember on this subject is, it all depends on your region. Some peasant women did not wear veils, some wore shorter skirts and others went barefoot. There were some FW who got their noses pierced, the list goes on. The important thing to always keep in mind is, could your character afford what they are wearing. I have seen peasant FW in silks and jewels of rich tones on sl, and I am here to tell you "THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!". If you want to wear beautiful, colorful and rich clothes, then rewrite your character so they are in a high caste.

She-Urt 1-
Dress- She-Urt green by Ania's Arsenal
Mud- Overt Mud by Overt

She-Urt 2-
Dress- SU Stripped Raggs White by Gutter Pup
Mud- Overt Mud by Overt

Peasant Woman 1-
Dress- Peasant Woman by I Got Charisma

Peasant Woman 2-
Dress- Peasant Robes by Merchant Tarl

No comments: