Wednesday, March 31, 2010

FW Platforms- Finally!!!

What is anticipated to be very big this year among upper caste FW are Gorean FW platforms. A few months ago I sent out a challenge to all designers, to see who could make the best Gorean Free Woman platforms. Through submission and member referral I was able to find three designers that I believe have made my favorite platforms.


Lady Arwen Serpente's newest release. I love her interpretation on the FW platforms. Congrats Lady Arwen on a very creative shoe. Very beautiful!


Lady Stephania Vuckovic was the winner of my FW platform challenge 3 months ago. I love how she went with the chopine design I suggested, and made it her own. When I was reading the books the chopine design was what I pictured in my head. I also would like to thank her for being one of the first FW designers to actually take a different turn on the platform design that came before.


Up next is my favorite all time shoe designer Chopine Aura. She is nothing short than a "Prim Genius". She is an alt of Naergilien Wunderlich, a historical dressmaker (she thought it would be easier to start her shoe buisness on another account). She is a stickler for historical accuracy, which is good for me, because I finally found historically accurate chopines. I would like to say that I am the first Gorean FW to wear her shoes. I hope you will forgive me for keeping these platforms to myself before telling you about them, but it was nice to walk around and know that I was the only person who had platforms this beautiful. I am working on modifying them to so that they look like you have socks on your feet.




She is also the first designer I know to use the new invisible layer technology in the Secondlife 2.0 version. No more invisiprims yay!!! (Please send me notecards inworld about how you like the new sl version)



Even though she is not a Gorean designer, these platforms are perfect to use as an uppercaste FW. Do not let me catch lower caste FW in a market in these, because I will take a pic and reporting you to the fashion magistrate.

I hope everyone enjoyed this post. It was a long time coming. My 3 year search for FW platforms is finally over! *sighs and puts her beautifully clad feet up on an ottoman*

No comments: