Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fashionably Generous- Relay for Life

It has been shown that the Gorean community is one of the most successful fundraising bodies within Second Life because of the simple fact that they are a community. One important factor, that I have found, in getting people to stay within sl is for them to find a community that involves and engages them socially. I believe this is similar in rallying behind a cause, in order for the cause to truly be successful it needs to be embraced by a community. The SL Gorean community has embraced the Relay for Life cause, and we are out performing a majority of other RFL groups. In order to help you locate more RFL vendors I have put together a posting of dresses that are being sold by Gorean as well as non-Gorean dress designers to help raise money for RFL. (I have also thrown in some accessories to help provide tips on how to wear these dresses.)



Dress- Muse II- RFL 2010- Evie's Closet
Veil- Leor- beyond the veil
shawl- ST Afghan Stole in black- AOHARU (I tinted it pink and then purple)
Modesty top- FW tulle- Husky

When talking to the owner and creator of Evie's Closet, Evangeline Miles, she explained to me her reasons for wanting to do her part in RFL. "I suppose because of my sister in law. When I was asked to participate in the Clothing Fair 2 years ago, she had been fighting cancer for a number of years already. And it was just a way for me to feel as if I were contributing something.... You get angry, and scared, and miserable, and sometimes there's nowhere for those feelings to go. So to have a purpose, to be able to make a real contribution, not just a virtual one, was a big deal for me. I love that people respond to the outfits I make, and I'm so thrilled that I raised over L$100K each year, for the last 2 years. That goes towards a cure."

Dress- Cassi RFL 2010- Shack
shawl- ::obesssion:: 24's shawl black blossoms
scarf-Peggy Mocha - Dela
vest- chest piece of Cropped Jacket
(Remember Ladies to be careful with black (caste wise), you can always offset the effect with neutral colors.)

Dress- Siren (Response) by Spellbound



Dress- Arwen- Voyager- Voyage of Hope Gown RFL 2010

*Sighs* Do I even need to comment on the amazing texturing and color job on this outfit? Just beautiful!

Dress- Lady Hope (RFL), Ania's Arsenal
Necklace- Sakura, Alienbear (RFL)

Well done Lady Ania on the details within the texture! Plain but very much detailed!


Fantasia- Nightfall- Purple RFL 2010

I absolutely love this nightgown. I added a modesty top underneath because I'm a prude, it all depends on personal taste or your FC. You can also wear this dress out, provided you put on a non-transparent modesty top. Thick gold jewelry would go well with the purple and black.


Chairs-Caste Seating Set Arm Chairs- The Great Serve
Table- Caste Seating set table
Bear-Relay for Life Bear 2010 LG by Falcon Nacon Ko-ro-ba
(he can take off his hat when touched. Isn't he cute!?)

Even the Margie's Corner set got a RFL make over!

We at FGFW would like to thank all the creators of the items I posted today. Thank you for your contribution in this years RFL. Thank you: Evangeline Miles, FireFox Fonda, Kendall Dagger, Arwen Serpente, Stephania Vuckovic, Dream Resistance, lilyanah Demar, Falcon Nacon, and everyone else who has created items but was not mentioned in the posting.

No comments: