Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Tal Ladies!!!
It's that time of the year again, spring time!!! This year sl dressmakers have out done themselves. I personally did not think they would be able to follow up the amazing winter collections...but yet again I was proven wrong. This season we are seeing a continuance of fabric draping, but I am seeing more designers drawing the draping into the shirt and jacket layers in order to leave attachment spots open or just for effect. For spring this year we have taken an unexpected turn toward angled skirts. I suppose designers have gotten a bit bored with the usual skirts, so they decided to add more diagonal lines.


Another trend for this spring are angled shoulder sculpties, that helps to separate the elements of the dress. It also tends to add depth to an otherwise flat design.

You all knew it was coming, but I must comment on Lady Arwen's new dresses. It encompasses all the new trends this season, as well as some of her own. I loved the veil so much that I bought this outfit in white just so I could copy and tint the veil to match other outfits. As usual she hits us with a double wammy, detail in texturing and in prim work. I honestly don't know where she gets the time to crank these detailed dresses out, one after another.


For the past three years I have been looking for intricately designed updos. As an upper caste FW you would have a kajira or kajirus to do your hair if you wished. I just can't fathom why anyone would allow a girl to get away with just pinning your hair into a bun. Now these hair styles from JE*Republic looks like it took some poor girl hours to create. I don't know if it will catch on, but I do hope so...think of the rp possibilities!!!


Below is a dress by Tuli, a mainstream designer who is trying her hand at RP dresses, mainly in a elven style, but I believe with the perfect accessories the possibilities are endless with these dresses. I found the flattened necklace, at "A la Mood". As you have heard me say many times before, you must fill in the empty spaces when adding modesty tops to non-Gorean dresses, because it will begin to look plain and thrown together.

I love "a la mood" for two reasons: 1st- They always have the thing your looking for, and 2nd they give you two attachment points. For a long time I could not wear high waist dresses with jewelry because they used the same attachment points. Thank goodness this trend of giving customers two attachment points is catching on.

I hope everyone likes my new skin as well. I was a bit behind on the painted on head hair trend, because designers take so long in releasing their ebony skins. It makes wearing hair that doesn't have bangs so much more realistic. This skin is from [KA].


I hope everyone enjoyed my post today. I would like to thank everyone for the flowers and the get well cards. It definitely helped in my recovery.

Skin- [KA] Zuri Mahogany

dress 1- Indunn Sabra- Aisha in red&tan

Dress 2- Arwen's Creations- Cashmere Rose

Hair- JE*Republic- Tarae III

Dress3- Tuli- Royalty 2

Veil- Arwen's Creations tinted tan from the Perle (coal & Cabernet) outfit

Necklace- Ala Mood- Celestial collar

Hair- JE*Republic- Narae




No comments: