Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Obsessions

Tal Ladies,
This is just a brief post (yea right!) about new releases from designers, as well as a designer I just rediscovered and an up and coming designer.

 First we have a beautiful new dress by Lady Arwen. It seems that we have something very interesting in common. We are both obsessed with the new hit TV series Spartacus on STARZ.  She has taken an interesting twist on an outfit of one of the main character's dresses.  She made a very provacative dress, modest without boring it or aging the wearer.  Though you can obviously see that it is Roman inspired, it is uniquely Arwen,  as seen in her choice of textures and prim arrangement.
The necklace/tie around the neck is shaded and drawn to perfection. There absolutely no downside to this dress (and she knows I would tell her if there was :-p).  As usual she provides us with an option of a low waist skirt as well as two top options. As always an excellent job Lady Arwen!


Next is also a well known designer, Lady Lux.  I absolutely love her dresses for the days when I wish to look more modern, more unique or just stand out.  I enjoy her designs because she has an ability of creating more modernized creations without it looking cheap and weird.  I would wear this dress to a feast, play or ceremony.  Her dresses are for the daring FW, who are looking for a modern twist on the usual sl FW dresses. I have a secret obsession with trains on dresses in sl, and Lady Lux has made my day.
I would also like to thank her and Lady Arwen for not over killing the solid colors, they both are very talented at meshing in the solids.  I have seen way too many FW this season that look like a blob of red paint.  Perfect choice of vertical lines in the dress, as well as a wide color palate while thankfully staying in a decent color wheel.  The cuffs drawn into the sleeves did not escape my notice.  Just beautiful!


Though I haven't been to this designer's store in a couple years. I came upon Lady Vivienne Daguerre at a Ko-ro-ba event two weeks ago, and I kept staring at her dress, I had to know who made her dress.  Because of the lag I couldn't see who made the dress, so I had to ask her.  She informed me that she made her clothes and she gave me a lm to her store.  When I got there, I knew I had been there before, and realized that I had bought a wagon there a while back. Her new designs are amazing, and I would encourage all my readers to check out her designs.

This specific dress, I fell in love with it's simplicity, but overall good quality.  She has an ability to make the dresses look effortless, without looking like someone slapped something together and just put it on sale. Good job Lady Vivienne!



Last but not least is a designer that I have been watching very closely for a while now, and she is improving daily.  Lady Morgaine Price is one of those designers that becomes great through hard work and a great imagination.  I will be honest, the very first dress I saw of her's I hated, but then I saw another, and another, and another, and I knew that one day she would be a great designer.  I am completely amazed by her work ethic, and her drive to become a better designer.  This dress proves that the potential I saw many months ago is real.  Well done Lady Morgaine, beautiful work!.

She is reopening her store next weekend, and she will be sending a lm out to the group next weekend.





Dress 1:
Dress- Domina in Minerva Wine by Arwen's Creations
Hair- Brooke by Truth

Dress 2:
Dress- Elements in fire by Lux Aeterna
Hair-Marisela II  (Blacks Pack) by ETD

Dress 4:
Dress-Medieval Lady by Black Rose
Hair- Tanya by Truth

Dress 3:
Dress- Wish in red by Mer Elf Creations
Necklace- Valva in red jasper by Silent Woods
Hair-Dharma by Magika

No comments: