Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Years with Friends

Greetings Ladies!
Today I have a treat for you all. I was able to con the lovely dressmaker Lady Gaea Andel into modeling for my Upper Caste Woman New Years shoot. As most of us know it is very hard to get a Torvie Free Woman into any kind of delicate or fine material, but I will have you know this blogger has accomplished the impossible. For this New Years there is a move away from the traditional silver to more bronzes and golds.

I did not want to overwhelm Lady Gaea with delicate silks and satins, and I also wanted to capture some of her independent strong characteristics. I believe that this gown by Arwen's Creations has done just that. Many women do not understand that their clothes are an extension of their role. As the saying goes you can take the woman out of Skjern but you can't take Skjern out of the woman (or something like that). The amazing gold detailed textures on the collar of the shirt as well as on the jacket allows for you to go without jewelry. My favorite part of this dress is the bronze velvet fabric. Even though velvet is considered a luxury fabric, it is tough and thick which I considered perfect for getting across an understated strength.



The dress that I wore, I thought to be interesting because of the designers ability to distinctly encompass 4 colors within the dress (gold, red, black and bronze). In sl, caste colors can become played after wearing the same color all day every day. We have to keep finding ways to enrich and excite the usual color slate by playing with the color arrangement in the dress. The designer prevented the dress from being a usual empire waist by thickening the black strip that separated the two halves of the dress. This is a new twist to the usual dinner party dress, that will definitely gain compliments. I also added this thick necklace by Trident to occupy the empty space between the neck and the neckline of the dress. I have received a lot of comments about how I do not use Gorean jewelry designers within my post, so here is a perfect Gorean jewelry designer.


Any FW who cares about the quality of the food she feeds her family and guest will only shop for food at The Great Serve owned by Lilyanah Demar. I started shopping at this fabulous store about 3 years ago when it was only a small two room store. Since then The Great Serve has exploded in popularity. Each month she releases a serve that contains everything a slave needs to prepare and cook a meal (animations included) and a final platter along with 6 food plates for place settings. For my holiday meal Gaea and I had a Roasted Gant with Caramelized Peaches, and Carrots. These recipes are amazingly detailed which allows for enriched kajira role play.


Each December The Great Serve releases 30 bottles of Falarian Wine, which is the most expensive and rare wine on Gor. Each bottle sells for 1000L, but it is assured that no one will ever have the same bottle again. I buy my Father a bottle each year, because I continue to ask myself "What do you get a man that has everything?" In fact my Father has the first bottle ever made in sl from a couple years ago (I know I try to be an overachiever). Well this is the first year that I bought a bottle for myself as well, and I got the 30th and last bottle of Falarian wine. To celebrate the coming New Year Lady Gaea and I decided to have a taste of the rare and expensive wine. So what does 1000L wine taste like? Lady Gaea proclaimed it to be "a nice rosy taste with a hint of prim." I likened it to drinking a 1787 Chateau d'Yquem...sl style. I shall leave the rest to your imagination, but I will tell you that the 1000L is well worth finally finding a good drinking animation that doesn't look like you're break your back every time you take a sip. Happy New Years!!!


FW Outfit 1 (red):
Dress-Allison in ruby by Stone Keep
Necklace- Lunnitsa in gold by Trident

FW Outfit 2:
Dress- Refined Lady in bronze by Arwen's Creations

***Please Note***- Traditionally at home I go without a veil when I am dining with FW friends. but if I were to wear one with this dress, I would have used worn my Leora veil in black with gold trim along with a my Wren veil from Beyond the Veil. The Arwen's Creation dress comes with a head cover and veil that is sculpted to perfection.

No comments: