Saturday, January 31, 2015

Return to Color

Tal Ladies,
Yes the rumors and whispers are all true, I have returned to Second Life. I left three years ago for many reasons, but mainly because I was getting bored.  I had all the robes and dresses a gal could possibly have, and I was getting annoyed with the stagnant technology.  I returned merely to catch up with friends and I found myself in a new world of color and movement, and I was inspired once more. The mesh has developed to a point where it adds a bit of realism to the mix, and enough designers actually make them well that I can now put a whole wardrobe together.  I found designers both in the Gorean community and outside that were willing at mix colors in a pleasing way on their dresses.  My greatest pleasure is to get as close as possible to the brilliant descriptions of the Robes of Concealment.  Some Free Women take pleasure in learning the physicians craft, others in ordering their scrolls, but I enjoy most of all to putting a beautiful outfit together.  I took inspiration from India and Morocco this week, and I think you will agree when you see the colors.

Remember Ladies color, color, color!!

"...they were multicolored and brilliant in their sheens and chromatic textures, and so draped and worn that, particularly at the hem, the diverse borders of these various garments seemed to compete with one another to win the observer’s accolade as the finest, the most resplendent, of all." -Slave Girl of Gor





Hood- Niamh Mesh Hood and Scarf by Arwen's Creations
Veil- Slutress FW veil in Yule by BINA
Dress- Madhuri Lehenga in Pink by Apsara
Shoes- Ilaida Mojri in red by Zaara
Gloves- tinted Basic White Satin Gloves from Arwen's Creations modesty pack
Rings- Bice and Laura by Donna Flora






Hood and veil- Sonnet Ornate by Arwen's Creations
Dress- Sultana by Apsara
Gloves- tinted Basic White Satin Gloves from Arwen's Creations modesty pack
Shoes- 1001 Nights Slippers by Moon


I saved the best for last.  This dress and hood by Arwen's Creations is just absolutely stunning.  Lady Arwen I know the time and effort you put into this dress and I can see it in the details.  The shading and highlights add depth and realism to the hem, and the long mesh sleeves are absolutely perfect! I'm very pleased with the silver embroidery throughout, and found myself zooming in close to guess at what methods she used.  The teal and blue together was genius and there was nothing I needed to do to style this dress. I am a huge fan of peacock feathers and this dress will most certainly go with my home decor.

Yours Truly,
Lady Margie Meng


No comments: